Prerequisite: None required (suitable for all).
Suitable for: This important foundation level is suitable for absolute beginners to energetically experienced Practitioners and Therapists from other disciplines. It is also suitable for those who are currently trained in Western Reiki styles who wish to learn the traditional Reiki system from the Japanese perspective.
Certification: Each student on completion of the course will receive a quality, professional certificate and comprehensive Shoden Level I instruction manual with exerts from the original Japanese manuals.
Duration: Minimum of two days in-person Usui Reiki Ryoho training plus ongoing support provided by your teacher or the equivalent of two full days training (12/14 hours).
Course times: Day 1 - 9.30am till 5.00pm. Day 2 - 10.00am till 5.00pm.
Venues: Solihull – One-to-one personal and private tuition. T.B.A. – Group training.
Your teacher/facilitator: Grenville Williams, Founder of One World Reiki.
This course has it’s foundations rooted within the traditional branch of Reiki called Usui Reiki Ryoho and contains the teachings of Reiki from the traditional Japanese perspective without any additional material and historical inconsistencies that is currently being taught and practised worldwide within Western forms of Reiki. The Level I course, which is also known as Shoden, meaning ‘first teachings’ or ‘beginner teachings’ in Japanese, has a short Eastern lineage and introduces students to traditional Japanese Reiki meditation techniques and practice. Students are also introduced to four of the five elements of the system of Reiki: Gokai (philosophical precepts), Kokyu Ho (breathing techniques and meditations), Tenohira (hands-on healing, performing treatments for the self and others), and Reiju (receiving a spiritual blessing, or attunement from one’s teacher).
The techniques and Reuji/attunement process come directly from Japan and focus on the spiritual and personal development aspect of the student. You will receive four traditional Japanese attunements/Reijus (Japanese: spiritual blessing) over the course of two days. Each attunement is a powerful clearing of the energy channels that helps to awaken one’s mind, heart and body from the sleep of ignorance, so you strengthen, cleanse and balance your energy system and prepare to be as pure a channel of Reiki energy as possible with continued practice. Your self-healing and cleansing process will start and this will continue on an ongoing basis.
You will learn the authentic history of Reiki, the meaning of the word ‘Reiki’, what it is and how it works, the benefits of Reiki and how to give Reiki treatments to both yourself and others (family and friends).
- Introduction to Reiki (spiritual energy)
- The meaning of Reiki
- The word ‘Reiki’
- What Reiki is and how it works
- The system of Reiki:
- Shoden Level I
- Okuden Level II
- Shinpiden Level III
A brief description of the three levels.
- Introduction and explanation of the five elements that make up the complete system of Reiki:
- Precepts for developing spiritual and mental focus, and, traditionally, poetry (Waka) which was written or created (Gyosei) by the Meiji Emporor that ruled at that time
- Techniques and meditations
- Hands-on healing
- Four mantras (Jumon) and symbols (Shirushi); three at Level II and one at Level III
The course is a combination of lecture, discussion and experience. Students at Shoden Level are only introduced to four of the five elements of Japanese Reiki practice: (Gokai) Precepts, Kokyu Ho (breathing techniques and meditation), Tenohira (hands-on healing for performing treatments for the self and others), and Reiju (receiving a spiritual blessing, or ‘attunement’ from one’s teacher).
- Learn about the three energetic centres ‘The Three Diamonds’ in the tradition:
- Hara/Earth Ki
- Heart/Heart Ki
- Head/Heaven Ki
And practice to learn to connect to ‘The Three Diamonds’.
- Learn Shoden Level I techniques and meditations and practice:
- Kenyoku Ho (dry bathing technique or brushing off technique).
- Joshin Kokyo Ho (focusing the mind on one thing with breath)
- Seishin Toitsu (creating a unified mind or mental concentration)
- Shuchu Reiki (concentrated spiritual energy)
- Receive four Reiju/attunements during the course which are based on traditional Japanese Reiju and are entirely unique to the system of Reiki Ryoho. Each attunement helps to strengthen, cleanse and balance the energy system making it easier to perceive and work with Ki.
- Hands-on healing (Tenohira) for performing treatments for self and others. A substantial part of the course is devoted to the practice of giving treatments. Each student is assured the opportunity to both give and receive several Reiki treatments over the course duration, which is a relaxing, healing and beneficial experience for everyone involved.
- You will learn about the history of the system of Reiki, the life of its founder, Usui Mikao, and his teachings and practice.
- About the students of Usui Mikao.
- About the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai (Japanese: society of the Usui spiritual energy healing method).
- About the students of Hayashi Chujiro.
- About Usui Mikao’s memorial stone.
- Reiki healing method manual of Reiki Ryoho Hikkei (manual from Ms Koyama Kimiko, former President of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai).
- Hayashi Chujiro’s manual or Ryoho Shishin (manual given out by Hayashi Chujiro to his students – Hawayo Takata received a copy of this manual).
- Certificate awarded from One World Reiki upon completion of the course. Students remember that Reiki is not about certification – it is about your own personal practice. In traditional Japanese teachings a certificate is given to indicate that certain levels of proficiency have been reached and that the student/participant is just beginning that actual level.
- Learn the original, authentic history of Usui Reiki Ryoho.
- Be knowledgeable about the self-healing system of Reiki.
- Learn how to give Reiki treatments to both yourself and others.
- Begin to heal your own physical and emotional issues and experience emotional and physical release now.
- Feel grounded, balanced and comfortable with yourself.
- Learn instant techniques on how to relax and clear your mind.
- Gain a clear understanding of energy work.
- Develop your compassionate and loving aspects.
- Discover and experience calmness, peace and stillness within yourself.
- Feel more confident and happy.
- Better relationships.
- Gain clear understanding of your life.
- Feel strong and more centred.
- Empowered to transform your life.
- Help others.
- Receive individual ongoing support and guidance from your teacher.
- One World Reiki host practice groups on a regular basis for all Shoden Level I, Okuden Level II and Shinpiden Level III Students/Practitioners/Teachers to practice, receive Reiju, socialise and have fun.
The aim of the practice groups are:
- To provide an opportunity for students to socialise with others who have similar interests.
- To provide a safe and secure environment in which students can practice.
- To provide ongoing learning opportunities both energetically and spiritually in line with the teachings of One World Reiki.
- To provide moral support through teacher and fellow students.
- To provide an opportunity to receive Reiju/attunement.
- To provide motivation towards self-practice.
- To provide an opportunity to extend hands-on healing skills.
- To provide students the opportunity to continue the healing journey.
- To provide the opportunity to continue with the unique teachings of One World Reiki by utilising The Three Diamonds and the five elements of the system of Reiki as a basic structural understanding of the teachings.
- Contact with your teacher in person or via email or phone.
- 21-day post support.
- Refresher courses: All One World Reiki students are welcome to re-sit Levels I, II and III after completing the Shinpiden course.
Contact: Grenville Williams, Senior Teacher, One World Reiki Training
Telephone: 07900 543157
Course cost and investment: Tuition fee for Shoden Level I training is: £150
**SPECIAL OFFER** Book a course for you and your friend and receive your course half price. (Conditions apply:- Please note that you must attend the course together and your friend pays full price.)
Find out about: